Friday, October 20, 2006

 

Creative Festival (aka Needlecraft Festival in T.O.)

It takes place here at the "Toronto Convention Centre" on Front St. A wonderul 4 days of needlecraft extravaganza. There were displays, booths & how-to's wall to wall; a crafter's & artist's dream.

Each year MA & I are taken down to this big event by Jack (MA's hubby). It involves careful planning to get my own family prepared for the absence of the great family organizer (aka Mom). With animals taken care of, kids ready for school, & husband set with instructions, I am off.

Set with my fanny pack, $, car knitting essentials & meds. for any ailment that might want to keep me from enjoying this annual event, I drive down to MA's house were Jack will take us the rest of the way.

We get our ritual lunch on the way at Tim's by the "Pacific Mall" & keep heading S. to our goal. Once there it's hard not to feel overwhelmed. Here you are in a room surrounded by fellow artists & supplies for your habit.

This year I picked up Bonash powder, a Vie pigment starter, the Kreinik fusable threads I've looked every where for, sock yarn & some altered art mags. It was absolutely intoxicating! A binge that I'm still not over, lol. (This is proven by the fact that I keep looking over my treasures, reading all the collected phamplets, etc.)

I saw, I felt, (I was also draped in the most wonderful cross-over capelet by the nicest & coolest Queer ever & wanted to keep it & him, lol), I enjoyed & then it was over.

We drove through "China Town" on the way to "Frans" where we usually have our celebratory dinner. Then it was home to reality (which is comforting & sucks all at the same time, lol.) Completely wiped out of $ & energy, I drove the rest of the way home where some last minute bedtime chores, my children & animals all awaited for my anticipated return. I then sat down with hubby to continue working on the knitted washcloth (from "the Mason-Dixon book") that I had started in Jack's van & watch the Ulimate fighter. Sigh, life is good.

Peace out, Boop Posted by Picasa

Comments:
Great blog entry Kym - informative and well put together.
Hugs, Mom
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?