Thursday, June 01, 2006

 

Hope

While I was out doing "The Buckhorn" talk yesterday, my parents were watching my children. Samantha had talked my mom into taking her & Joseph down to the Humane's Society (where my mother volunteers) to see the new animals.

When they arrived, some of the ladies were in tears because this little kitten was barely alive. (My parent's cat Spanky had passed away during a routine teeth cleaning procedure at the Vets the day before). Anyway, mom offered to take it home so at least she would pass away in comfort & not alone in a cage. They stopped in at the Vets on the way & he felt that if they could just get some liquids into her that there might be some hope. He said that the next 24hrs would tell whether she would live or not. (The mother of the kitten had rejected it, leaving her critically weak & dehydrated.

Anyway, they had just brought the kitten home when soon after I arrived back from Buckhorn. I had a look over the kitten (I also have my Vet Assistant Diploma) & definitely felt that it dehydration & could possibly be saved. I was able to get 1 shringe (3cc each) of water & 4 of formula into the wee thing over the next few hours while I was there.

I called this morning & my parents had continued with the formula & even got the kitten to lick some soft food from their fingers. My daughter had named the precious little thing "Hope" yesterday & so the name has kind stuck. Please send your prayers so that "Hope" gets a second chance. It would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

Peace out, Boop Posted by Picasa

Comments:
Boop, as I am very much a kitty person, I would love to know how Hope is doing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?