Monday, June 12, 2006

 

Bras, bras, bras (literally)

So, it was "Guild Day". We decided to spice up our June Potluck a little by showing off the latest works of "The CQ'teers".

I had challenged the girls this Spring to alter a bra any way they wanted to. The idea being that we'd take pics of the finished ones & then incorporate the shots into a quilt by printing them onto fabric. The quilt would then be sent off to "The Quilt" for next year's auction to raise funds for Breast Cancer research.

(From left to right) Irene was sporting a foral number that she embellished by sticking silk flowers all over. MA crazy-quilted hers & then lined the cups with a kitty on each side (the idea being 2 cats in bags yowling to get out). With mine I wanted to show that small bossoms can be powerful too. Ever since I was a kid I would get teased for being "small", but I'm quite okay with that; it's everyone else that seems to have a problem. Anyway, I called my piece "the B-36 Bomber". I had hot glued fans in the cups so that they worked just like propellers. I then told the group that small busted women should essemble & be proud to be a part of the "Itty Bitty Titty Committee", lol.

I don't think the Quilt Guild was exactly prepared for us, but based on all the laughter, they seemed to enjoy it just the same, lol. We had so many positive comments from our creative "Show & Tell" that I'm not sure what we'll have to do next to top that one; but we do have some ideas!

Peace out, Boop Posted by Picasa

Comments:
Well Kym, as usual, you have come up with yet another novel idea. You are so full of surprises, yet I never get to hear about them. It is a mind boggling question.
 
Should have mentioned in my previous comment that the picture of the three of you is lovely. It is one of the nicest pictures that I have seen of my daughter.
Hugs, Mom Hines
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?