Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

Spongebar Squarepants


So, I finally receive my Brother KX-350 from Ebay. Apparently in working order, etc. I take said machine to the Lindsay Machine Knitter's Guild (the one where I met the Prez. online which I told you all about last month) & get ready to set her up. Marg (the Prez) checks the needles & says that I need a new spongebar (to which she has a couple of extras, thank goodness). Okay, so we take out all the needles & prepare to attach the new to the old so we can pull the new one thru (like suggested on another online machine knitter's group that I belong to).

I start pulling & look what came out!!! Can you believe this?? Totally shot, powdery sticky mess. I then spent the majority of my time trying to clean this up (by that I mean the table, floor, machine & myself). This was so gross; like some kind of goowy nicotine-like substance. The bar is suppose to look like this:
Big difference, eh? Anyway, after this I was able (with some more help) to get the new spongebar in & half of the needles back. Only trouble was that I didn't get them under the bar & will now have to take the needles back out & try again. This is when I decided to pack up my children & things & bid farewell; even I can be aware of my limitations sometimes.

After only having a few hrs. sleep the night before 'cause of allergies, my self just wasn't in full working form. Thought it best to get home while I thought I could still make it, lol. As for the ladies: they were very warm, nice, supportive, talented, & knowledgeable. They accepted me (& my funny Boop ways) without hesitation (which I assure you is unique & special). I will defihnitely be going back :o).

Peace out, Boop

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?