Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

Shake your booties

This is a pic. of the baby booties & hat that I'm sending off to my friend in Indiana, along with some other goodies. We already know that this future grandchild is going to be a boy, making the yarn choice a whole lot easier.

The wee hat was done on the smallest "knifty knitter loom" & only took a couple of hours. You can pick up a set of 4 from Michaels for $19.99 (very often on sale for $12.99).

The booties are from a book called: "Stitch'n Bitch Nation". The 2nd one in a series by Debbie Stoller. Great book if you like more youthful & funky knits. The pattern (1hr baby booties by Heidi Neurauter pg.217) is quick & easy (took over an hour though, lol). The only changes that I made were an adjustment to the suggested needle size (my choice of yarn was working up too small) & I used velcro on the straps instead of buttons (I never use buttons on things for babies). I thoroughly enjoyed making these booties. Is there anything cuter (okay, perhaps baby buns, lol.)?

A couple of nice little projects that don't require a lot of thinking, which is especially important when you're being constantly interrupted by 2 children getting over colds, lol.

Peace out, Boop Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?