Thursday, May 11, 2006

 

Lamp a Go Go

So, I've had this rattan sphere for a few years. I'm the type of person that is given a lot of odd garage sale finds 'cause I really dig the unusual (to say the least). When I received this object I immediately knew I was going to fill it with lights & hang 'er up. (And that's exactly what I did.)

However, now that I'm redoing the Turret where this little number happened to be residing, I decided to give her a make-over. Since I'm going with a Japanese theme, I thought I would try covering her in some soft white cotton. Of course this ended up being strips of 2 different ones because I didn't have enough of either & wanted it to look like a plan, lol.

This was an easy redo: cut the materials into strips, serge together, added gathering hem to the top & bottom, put some yarn threw, place over the ball & gather into place. Done.

The picture doesn't show how nice the light really is, but I wanted you all to see it. I'm so happy with & excited about the next few things for the room too: pillows & a chair redo.

Well, off to crochet. Peace out, Boop Posted by Picasa

Comments:
Love your lamp. You are so talented.
Hugs, Mom
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?