Wednesday, May 31, 2006

 

The Girls from Buckhorn


Well, today was the day that I had my 1st "real" talk. Meaning public speaking (with real people; hard to believe, but true) & it was a paid event too. Can you believe it? I find it so ironic that I've spent the 1st part of my life not wanting to be heard & now I'm being asked to share my knowledge. (How sweet the revenge that is best served cold. How great it is to feel wanted, appreciated & praised; sorry for the Shakespearian moment, I'm just excited.)

I was also taken to lunch & best that I could tell, no one was threatened to say nice things to me, they did it of their own free will! Wow. One could really get used to this kind of treatment. Upon returning home to a house full of animals & chores waiting for me, life quickly gets put into perspective. I think this is God's way of keeping you humble; reality bites. LOL.

Anyway, I had the Ladies from the "Buckhorn Quilter's Guild" hold 2 of the dolls that I travel with (Lorelie & Morticia) so I could get a group picture. (There were a lot of them so I had to do it in 2 pics. )The 3rd one is of Grace who I was told was the trouble-maker (aka Brat). I have to say that she was fine with me, but they assured me that I was only seeing her best side, lol.

Thank you ladies for such a positive experience. I greatly appreciated your hospitality & will remember this day as special.

Peace out, Boop (aka Kym) Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?