Monday, May 08, 2006

 

Geocaching on Lake Simcoe





This weekend we decided to concentrate our efforts in & around Beaverton. The one pic shows hubby beside where I found the cache. Instead of hiding it around the roots or in a tree trunk (which is a common place), these people had hidden it "up" the tree's truck. Tricky spot to find; but cool.

We then went to the Beach to try another one. Problem was that I don't think the cache's owners planned on the spring thaw 'cause according to the co-ordinates, it would be in the lake, lol.

No nevermind though 'cause we saw some really neat things! All the ladybugs (1000's) & crayfish were coming out of hibernation. The kids & I (hubby doesn't like creepy crawly things, lol) had an absolute blast collecting shells & playing with all the crayfish.

After, we went into a little dinner right on the beach so we could get some fries, have a piddle & warm up. While I took the kids to the facilities, hubby waited for our order. As luck (or at least
mine if you know me) would have it I managed to pull off the doorknob & lock the kids & I in the washroom. This wouldn't have been so bad except I thought I was stuck in a time warp only to have to spend the rest of my days stuck at the "Beachcombers" forever. The place was chuck full of fishermen except for the woman & her daughter running the place. Here the kids & I sat giggling while trying to figure out who & when someone would come rescue us, lol.

I guess the great one heard my prayers (or laughter) & someone came to use the washroom unlocking the door. I'm not sure who was more surprised, but at least we were free! Management apologized, but the kids & I were more concerned about why Daddy hadn't been concerned?? He was outside too busy munching on our frie order! Geesh! We decided that he must have wished for that on the last falling star that we saw. Men; anything for some alone time.

Peace out, Boop Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?