Friday, April 14, 2006

 

Windy Ridge

This is one of the pics. from last week's geocaching. Not that I haven't been doing any art stuff (because I have), but there's a few projects in the works & none of them are in a finished state yet.

So last weekend we did 3 geocaches. 2 of them were here at the "Windy Ridge Conservation Area" in the Kawarthas. Yet again, another great place that we never would have gone to if it wasn't for this great game. It has really changed our lives.

The 1st pic. is from the top of a climb we had to do to get to the cache. The view is extraordinary & the pic. really doesn't do it justice. The elevation at this point (if you're interested in facts like I am) is 923ft.



The next pic. is of an amazing old tree at the base of the park. It is home to a porcupine which some other's have named "Mr. Prickles", lol. He wasn't in when we were there, but there are pics of him on the geocache site & a lot of porcupine poop (I mean alot too) around the tree to prove his existence. The tree is incredible. It looks like one of the tree spirits from "Lord of the Rings".

Anyway, projects on the go are: knitted poncho, 2 Amigurumis, & a prezzie for my MIL's 65th B-Day. Hopefully, I'll have some of them finished so I can post pics. later.

Peace out, Boop Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?