Tuesday, April 18, 2006

 

Miniature bead knitted purse

This is the bead knitted purse necklace that I made for my MIL's 65th B-Day. We celebrated it Sat., but the actual day was on Easter.

This miniature purse is only about 2" in diameter. There are more than 1200 seed beads in the purse body alone that were strung on to the vintage variegated perle cotton that was left to me by my Great Aunt. (That alone took over 2 hrs., lol.)

I would definitely make more of these. I really enjoyed knitting this purse, but will include a coin or something in the pic. next time so you can truly get an idea of how small it actually is. The needles were size 0000 (similar to knitting with toothpicks) in case anyone is interested. The best part was that Nana loved it and that is the most rewarding part to any artist.

Peace out, Boop Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?