Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

Family


We'll this is a pic. of myself, Mark (hubby) & Steve (Bil). I am sooo happy that we got to spend some time together. Sat. we stayed up trying to catch up (81/2 yrs. worth) & then delivered him back to the inlaws the next afternoon. I'm not sure that he quite bonded with Daffodil (my potbelly piggy) or that he understood why I have doves as pets, but he accepted it non the less. The children were delighted to meet their uncle (afterall, they had all those yrs. of practical jokes to catch up on according to Joe).

My SIL & her 2 children joined us all for a family visit & dinner in the city. It was a feeling that was long overdue. It was just like the old days when we'd get together most weekends to exchange jokes, stories, & good times. I don't think you realize just how much you get from time spent like this until it's no longer there. We've made a pact to do this more often & whether Steve realizes it or not, he's going to keep better & more frequent contact. Just because you're out-of-province doesn't mean that you're let away with it, lol.

This Fri. we're heading back down to the city to get one more visit in before Steve heads back to B.C. We are going to miss him more than one would seem possible, but definitely going to keep better track of each other even if I have to drug & microchip the guy, lol.

Anyway, I know this entry has nothing to do with my art (or anyone elses for that matter), however maybe you should all spend some time this week trying to reconnect with your own families (or old friends). I think you will be pleasantly surprised just how inspiring the outcome could be. I feel rejuvinated & can't wait until I get back to the creativity. My whole spirit feels so renewed that this can only come through in my art.

Happy everything, peace out, Boop :o)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?