Monday, February 27, 2006

 

Best Olympics ever!!

Way to go team!! From what I hear, Stephanie (aka "The Yarn Harlot") finished her sweater. I had my doubts the other day, but thought if anyone could manage it, she could. What an example!!

As people start to get back to me, it looks like the knitting Olympics brought out the best in everyone. Not only is this the best ever showing that Canada as a whole has had in the Winter Olympics, but some of the personal accomplishments that the Knitting Olympics made us all strive for were more than awe-inspiring. I cannot wait until all the stories are in.

I myself managed to complete my 1st pair. of knitted socks Wed. It's one of those things that any knitter wants to aspire to, but seems to be intimidated by the horror stories, lol. However, when I checked them Sat. night, I realized that there was a mistake in the toe part of one of them. Wanting only the best, I was able to take them apart & get them back together by midnight.

Samantha (age 10) finished a knitted pony that is just sooo cute. My mother who has been intimidated by anything that didn't resemble a dishcloth or baby blanket (obviously she has trouble thinking outside of the box; literally) finally had the courage to take on the knitted baby poncho that she's had the pattern for at least 20+ yrs. It's a garment that asks to make 2 (one for the lining), but for our purposes, we told her that one side in 16 days was more than enough.

MA did this really, really cool denim knitting bag. You cut denim into strips, tie them all together to make a denim yarn of sorts & then knit it according to the pattern. It is just the hippest thing, but please don't ask her about her hands. Apparently knitting denim is something that isn't for us that may have arthritis (unless you're a saddest).

Sue (who will tell everyone that will listen that she only signed up because I wouldn't stop bugging her, lol) did a few things. We haven't seen the others, but the one that she brought to our CQ'teer meeting on Wed. was highly imaginative. She made us all ATC's using yarn playing cards. On the other side of the card she had made a miniature piece of real knitting using thread & toothpicks!! We were all blown away!! This chick is funny & terribly creative. If she weren't so much fun, you'd all hate her. LOL.

I hope to get some pics posted tomorrow of at least some of the items. I'm just so proud of everyone. I want to also thank all that took up my extended challenge when I told them about "Knitting Olympics". Also a special thanks to MA for introducing me to the harlot a couple of yrs. ago & to whom I'm eternally grateful.

Peace out, Boop.
PS- Wait until you all see the new line of T-shirts that I'm designing!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?